Accessibility Check (also called UDOIT) is a tool for faculty to quickly identify and fix common accessibility issues in their Canvas course content. This tool is not visible to students in Canvas.
Here are just a few of the accessibility issues that the tool will detect:
- missing alternative text for images
- poor color contrast
- missing descriptive link text
To enable Accessibility Check in your course menu:
- Click on Settings in your course menu
- Select the Navigation tab
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and locate the Accessibility Check tool
- Click on the Gear icon for the tool and select Enable
- Scroll to the bottom of the page again and click Save
- You should now see Accessibility Check in your course menu
To use Accessibility Check:
- Click on Accessibility Check in your course menu and authorize the tool.
- Select the content areas in your course to be checked and click Run Scanner.
- Click the Plus icon to view any errors and/or suggestions for specific content.
- Review the issue message and the source of the issue.
- Click "U FIX IT" to apply a quick fix to the issue, and click Submit.